Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Simplifying

Simplifying can mean different things to different people. For me, it deals with every aspect of my life.
I have been working for a while now to simplify as much as I can in my day to day life. From how we homeschool to how we cook and do chores and so much more. Life does not have to be full of chaos and confusion and "business."
So, I plan on taking out my Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World again, and reading it as well as the book on homeschooling at the speed of life by Maralynn Rockett and taking a plethera of notes! And forming a better plan.
Right now, we are down to exactly what we want to use for almost all the basic subjects. Grammar, spelling - Rod and Staff. Handwriting - Handwriting with out Tears. History? Well, Mystery of History of course! Reading? Pathway Readers. LOVE them! With a combination of books from the Robinson Curriculum list, books the kids are interested in, and the McGuffey Readers. What for math do you ask? Saxon math has worked marvelously for us, so we are sticking with a good thing. That covers grammar, spelling, writing, reading, math, and history. Now science.....
I would LOVE to do hands on science with the kids. I'm just not sure how. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Chores? Well, that is a work in progress. I do have down what needs to be done on what days but right now it seem my page is being ignored that I put on the back door every day regarding what subjects need done, if music must be practiced, and what chores must be done. And guess what? I'm ignoring them and so is DH as well.... NOT GOOD.
So, time to get off of facebook, or whatever, and get back into the real world!
We'll start homeschooling two kids that are a very dear friend's this summer, and by then I want everything ... no, not perfect, because we live in an imperfect world full of sin and we are no where NEAR perfect, otherwise why would we have needed our sweet Lord and Savior Jesus to die for us... but less chaotic, more simplified, and running smoother than it is now!
And oh, I promise to try to post more and to try to follow the daily SITS thing!
Now to figure out how to upload pictures to my blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment