I don't like to call what we do as "school" because I only liked the music and art and SOME of the English classes when I was in school. Hated math, history was never exciting except for the one year I had a teacher who loved history and wanted her students to love it too, and science...well, I always got stuck with the dissecting part because I wasn't squamish and didn't want to "hurt my nail job."
So, it's high time we got back into the "groove" of opening math books and the Mystery of History book (vol 1) and grammar and spelling books. Haha. I'm thinking of going ahead and using Mindsprinting for math for one child. I need to get her to take the assessment test and see what she is. I am concerned that she has discalcula just like I do (that is dyslexia with numbers by the way) because she has such a HARD time with math and a hard time memorizing her multiplication facts and the like. I guess this year I need to try and see if I can't teach her some of the short cuts that I learned on my own and try to make math a bit easier for her. The next item on the agenda is to see if our son is matured enough now to start learning more words and learning to read more. I KNOW he knows more than he lets on, but he gets frustrated and I need to learn how to make it "fun".... besides me and his sisters and his daddy reading to him all the time! LOL He LOVES that.
Amid all of that, I need to get some work done in the house, do some sewing, some crocheting, coat the finished ornaments and let them dry so I can SEND them, and also work outside in the garden (if it does not rain). I SO hope it rains actually! We need rain badly. Otherwise I will need to really, REALLY water the tomatos and the watermelon vine and the grapes and the blackberry.... the lavender.... rosemary... roses... LOL Adding more and more to water each year!
Have a BLESSED day and .... let's DANCE for the Lord today! It will improve our moods!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment