Well, on March 16th we rescued a 6 month old German Shepherd puppy. We named him Liam, as that means protector. :)
He needs/wants LONG walks, more than once a day. He can jump the fence, so we are working on trying to get a privacy fence up. Found the reed fences, that are six foot tall and 16 foot long. They are less than $30 at Home Depot! So, we are going to try and get 2 panels a month and get the fence up as quickly as we can. It will make things safer for us as well as for Liam, and I'll be happier with that privacy.
But I have lost over THREE pounds in the walks that we've been taking, and we went with our neighbor today in her van for a LONG walk that took over half an hour this morning. He was panting by the time we got back to her van, and has slept for a bit on our tile floor I think in an effort to get cool. Then just a few minutes ago he stretched and made a growly yawn as he woke up. LOL
I LOVE watching Liam spread out on our floor, or walk around the house. Or when he's walking beside me. I have always always wanted to have a german shepherd, and now I do! But oh wow, he is definitely a handful. More so because we did not get him from when he was a really young puppy, but at 6 monthes, and he has been abused and neglected. We are reading Cesar's Way and trying to implement what he is teaching. And it is working, slowly. If only we have a HEALTHY dog pack nearby that was also well trained etc.
I am new to blogging... Should be interesting to see where this takes me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment